Places to go in Salem during Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Salem gets very crowded during Halloween time, and parking can get tight. I recommend wearing shoes you feel very comfortable walking in, as you might find yourself walking a lot. I also recommend downloading the app parking whizz. This app tells you about all the nearby garages for parking, how many spaces they have left, as well as how much they are charging.

COVID 19 Update: A lot of events have gone virtual this year for haunted happenings! The city of Salem has still a lot of awesome events that are happening through online mediums. Click here to learn about some virtual events going on for Halloween!  

1. Salem Witch Museum:

Important info: Purchase tickets ahead of time

Price: $14 per ticket

The Salem witch museum is a classic go-to during Halloween. The museum captures the events during the Salem witch trials during 1962. The museum tour is divided into two parts, and the self-guided tour lasts about an hour. It is much busier at night compared to the day. 

For more information click here

2: Betwitched After Dark Tours

Important info: purchase tickets ahead of time

Price: $25 per ticket

This is a classic ghost tour in Salem Ma, and has very high reviews! These tours are guided with a tour guide and is a walking tour.  The tour covers three main topics, Salem’s colonial history, 1963 hysteria and witch trials, and witchcraft. You get to learn a lot about the history of Salem and also get a good scare! 

For more information click here

Rose Keane

Lasell '23

Rose is a sophomore psychology student at Lasell University. Outside from school, she can be found at the mall shopping, hiking, working, or spending time with her animals.