The Perks of Going Home on the Weekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Although FOMO is so real when you go home for the weekend due to endless snapchat stories, there are some major perks and I’m here to remind you of what they are and why going home isn’t actually that bad.

1. Real Food. That’s right kids no more laxative BS they like to call food. If you’re lucky, your family will make all your favorite foods, the fridge and cabinets will be stacked with snacks, and you’ll go to your favorite restaurants at home.

2. $ Money $. If you’re going home for the weekend, chances are you’ll be coming back with a few extra dollars in your pocket. Although working when you go home may not sound like the best way to spend your time, the money will make it worth it. If you’re lucky  your family will slip you some money because they haven’t seen you in awhile.

3. Hometown Friends. Hopefully, you planned with your friends from home when you’re all going home so the weekend won’t be so boring. What’s better than some good ol’ reminiscing with old friends? Some of the best memories are with these people, so why not create some more while you’re home and catch up with people you haven’t seen in a couple months.

4. Water Pressure. Do you even remember what it feels like to take a shower with good water pressure? Well, I can promise you if you go home you’ll be loving life when you’re home because you’ll be taking a great shower with actual pressure, and no shoes!

5. Your Own Bed. I don’t know about you, but my bed at home is my sanctuary and my favorite place so going home for the weekend and being able to sleep in my own bed again is one of the best parts. Hopefully no more twin bed nonsense where you can’t even roll around without having to worry about falling off. Let’s just take a moment to appreciate how much easier it is to make a bed at home that’s at a normal height and not as close as it possibly can be to the wall.

6. Family. Honestly, this probably should have been first but here it is at number six on the list. But hey it’s still just as important. Nothing quite beats spending some quality time with family, whether it’s watching TV together, going out to eat, or playing board games (do people still do that?).

7. No awkward run-ins with people on campus. I’m sure we all have those people we don’t know whether we should say hi to, smile, or just completely pretend like we don’t see them. But luckily at home, this won’t happen when you’re simply just trying to get a meal or go to the gym.

8. You don’t have to get ready for every little task. I don’t know why, but everything I do at school makes me feel like I need to get fully ready. Being able to walk to the kitchen at home to get breakfast without having to get ready is something I never really appreciated.

So there you go kids, the eight reasons why you should leave campus and actually go home sometimes, even if you fear that you’ll be missing out.