Pandemic Friendly Halloween Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Halloween is one of the most popular and celebrated holidays in America. Everyone takes this holiday to the next level, with crazy costumes and extreme parties. However, due to the pandemic, we, unfortunately, cannot celebrate Halloween like we are used to, and have to come up with alternate ways to have fun this holiday.

1. Halloween Movie Night: Spend Halloween night watching all of your favorite spooky movies with your roommate or a small group of friends. You can make Halloween inspired treats and your favorite candy and make it the best movie night yet. 

2. Zoom Halloween Party: Get a group of friends together, create some amazing DIY costumes, and have a zoom party. You can play music and even have the best costume contest. This is a great way to connect with all of your friends even if you cannot all be together like usual. 

3. Halloween Crafts: Pinterest has some great affordable Halloween craft ideas. By trying them, you can destress from the nerves from school, and create something truly amazing.

4. Pillsbury Cookies: These small sugar cookies with ghosts and pumpkins are the tastiest treat of the season. My roommate and I bought a few boxes and made them in our dorm, and it definitely made it feel like Halloween. 

5. Spooky Stories: Gather all of your friends on Zoom and go around and tell spooky stories. This event brings the fear we love back into the season!

I hope some of these event ideas can inspire you to have a great time with your friends this Halloween! Let us know some of the ways you celebrated this year!

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)