Style > Beauty

The Night Time Skin Routine You Need in 2020 for *Flawless* Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

With so many skincare products always coming out it is hard to keep up with them all and which ones work best. So, after much trial and error, we came up with the best night time skincare routine for 2020.

1. Find the Perfect Cleanser

For oily skin, we suggest Biore Charcoal face wash and for dry skin, we suggest a softer cleanser like the lemon zest Clean and Clear face wash. An extra tip is to use an exfoliating sponge. 

2. Use a Facial Toner

Not an expert here, but highly suggest Witch Hazel. They make many different kinds, our personal favorite is the aloe vera formula with cucumber. Witch Hazel is great for dry, oily, or a mix of both skin types. It hydrates and smooths your skin, while also tightening pores. 

3. Spot Treatment Cream

For that stubborn acne, Clearasil makes a great 5 in 1 spot treatment cream.

4. Moisturize!

Even if you have oily skin, it is still important to moisturize at least three times a week, just find an oil-free lotion-like Aveno. 

5. Eye Cream

Your future self will thank you for using eye cream! A personal favorite is the Acure radically rejuvenating eye cream. 

6. Facial Spray or Face Mask

Any facial spray or face mask with aloe, vitamin E, or Vitamin C is so good for your skin and they are fun! My personal favorite facial spray is, of course, a Mario Badescu one. The aloe, cucumber, and green tea one is a great moisturizing refresher. Some favorite face masks include Que Bella ones, Clean and Clear ones, and St. Ives ones.

Hopefully, this gives some inspiration and new ideas to start the new year with a great skincare routine! 

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.