The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

One of my New Year’s Resolutions for 2024 was to discover new artists and experience new music. I did not think that I would find such a remarkable artist so quickly. Yet here we are, only in February, and I am already obsessed with the music of Phoebe Go.

I absolutely fell in love with this woman’s voice. Phoebe Go is from Australia, but I was lucky enough to experience her music live in the United States, as she has been opening for Briston Maroney, another amazing up-and-coming artist. The way Phoebe Go sings is captivating and soothing. As soon as she began singing the first song of her setlist, I knew I would love her music. Her songs have a way of telling a story to her audience, and although she did not play with a band, she was amazing at grasping the attention of the audience with just her vocals and guitar. Phoebe has 32.5 thousand monthly listeners on Spotify but should have much more than that for the talent she provides. She performed her new song “7 Up,” which was just released on January 31st, only four days before I saw her live in Boston.  

After the concert, I immediately went onto Spotify to find her music. As of right now, she has seven songs released, so I proceeded to listen to each of them and add them all to a playlist. If you love music with a sound and voice you can get lost in, and a sad yet at the same time carefree tone, Phoebe Go is an artist you should try listening to. At the concert I found myself closing my eyes and swaying to the beat of her beautiful, acoustic songs. After listening to each of her songs, I have discovered that my favorite of hers is “Hey”, as I adore breathtakingly heartbreaking songs. I feel as though, with Phoebe being in her twenties, it is easy to relate to what she puts into her music. For me, this song helps me realize that it is okay to sometimes feel lost, but no matter what, you are still enough. I am inspired by her talent and her bravery to leave Australia to tour the US without her band, just her own voice.  As much as I would love to gatekeep such a talented and “from the soul” singer, I truly hope that Phoebe Go gets the recognition she deserves for her music. Her songs are something that the world, especially young adults, should be listening to. If you enjoy listening to artists such as Gracie Abrams, Phoebe Bridgers, and Faye Webster, I think you would enjoy Phoebe Go. I am sure that someday I will be turning on my television to the Grammy’s or another music award show, and be seeing the face of this brilliant woman.

Hello! My name is Olivia Prisco and I am a Psychology Major at Lasell University in the class of 2026. I am from Cape Cod, Massachusetts and I enjoy writing, playing tennis, and watching comedies. I am excited to be a part of the HER Campus community.