This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I am about to talk about potentially one of the greatest things that was ever conceptualized: the dollar store. I am a dollar store girly through and through. Whatever I can get at that cheap of an amount, I’m getting. 

You can’t hate on the dollar store; not when you think of everything that you could possibly get and all the money that can save. I think that the cleaning products are the best deal. I stock my bathroom and kitchenette in my dorm with dollar store cleaners. You can’t beat it. I also like the comfort level. An American dollar store is probably the only place you can go and there are no social standards. Anyone and everyone is welcome, which is why I love it. Some people might think that the atmosphere at a dollar is of poor and terrible quality. Although I understand their complaints, I would complain more about being way over charged, when I really don’t need to be. 

Before coming to college, I could never understand how dollar stores got away with selling so many things for such a small amount of money. But as I learned more about quality compared to pricing, things started to make a lot more sense. I don’t go to the dollar store to be treated like royalty. I go to the dollar store to get the basic stuff and barely make a dent in my bank account. I have the mentality that as long as it works, it doesn’t need to be expensive. I think I will always speak highly about dollar stores, as long as they stay true to the dollar. It’s not a real dollar store if I have to pay $1.20 per item. 

Megan Curley

Lasell '23

I'm a senior double-majoring in Hospitality and Event Management with a minor in Marketing. My hobbies include being obsessed with Formula 1, camping, and trying new things.