The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I have struggled with acne since middle school and I have tried every product under the sun. Over the last year, however, I feel I have really solidified a routine and have products that I have repurchased a few times. Everyone has different skin types so what works for me may not work for you, but I will share some of the products I’ve been loving. My routines are pretty similar for morning and night but there are a few key differences that I think really make this the holy grail of skincare.

AM Routine

I live for a double cleanse, both morning and night. In the morning I start by washing my face with the La Roche-Posay Clarifying Cleanser. I have tried a lot of different cleansers, and this one is pretty inexpensive for the amount of product you get, plus I feel like it is super gentle and the perfect base to start with fresh skin for the rest of the routine. For the double cleanse aspect I follow up with the Seaweed and Glycolic Toner from Vitamins and Sea Beauty. I love using this in the morning because it is so refreshing and I really get all the oil buildup from sleeping the night before. Next, I go in with Niacinamide Serum from Good Molecules. I have tried a few serums as I am really picky with texture, and this one does not give me the ick, plus- it’s affordable. Lastly, I finish by mixing a little Sun Bum sunscreen, specifically the baby one, it’s gentler, with my favorite moisturizer, from First Aid Beauty. I know this moisturizer is on the pricier side, but it is so worth it in my opinion, and is the ultimate holy grail product. If I am in a rush or feeling lazy at the bare minimum I will put this on and immediately feel like a new woman.

PM Routine

In the evening I also go in with a double cleanse. I start with micellar water to get off any makeup and residue from the day, I don’t really have a favorite micellar water I usually just pick up whatever is on sale. I go in again with the same La Roche Posay cleanser after that. Next, I use the Discoloration Correcting Serum from Good Molecules, this brand is so affordable y’all. Like I said, I am super prone to acne and have some scars, and I cannot describe the difference I’ve seen in my skin since using this. Following the serum, I use Clindamycin which I can’t link because it’s a prescription, but this helps immensely with my acne and I definitely can notice when I’ve missed a couple nights of using this. Next, I go in with the Good Molecules Wake Up Eye Gel. Contrary to the name, this can be used morning and night. Finally, I end my night skincare routine with the star of the show, the First Aid Beauty Moisturizer, except I don’t mix in my sunscreen at night. 

Again everyone’s skin is different, these are just a few of my favorite products I’ve found over the many years of testing too many products. Most of these are budget-friendly too, minus the moisturizer, but I promise it’s worth it!

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!