The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

One of my favorite ways to relax and unwind is to watch television. Specifically, I love watching that tried and true classic, reality television. I love all kinds, from watching the lives of wealthy women in Beverly Hills to seeing strangers compete in a 1984-esque competition show. I’ll be honest, the main reason I love reality television so much is getting to immerse myself in drama that I have no personal stake in. When I’m done watching, I can simply turn the television off and continue with my day. The other major reason I love watching reality television is that I watch most of these shows with my mom. We love sitting on the couch together and diving into the latest episodes of our favorite shows. Speaking of which, here are the reality television shows I consider to be my guilty pleasures!

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills

For me, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is up there as one of the best in the Real Housewives franchise. The drama these women start with each other is absolutely wild and never fails to entertain me. There are also so many quotable lines and iconic moments and housewives from the show, from “The Dinner Party From Hell” in season one to the introduction of Erika Jayne in season six. It’s just so good and is one of my go-to’s for when I want a little extra drama and glamour in my life. 

Claim to Fame

Claim to Fame is a newer reality show, but it’s quickly becoming one of my favorites. First of all, Joe and Kevin Jonas are the hosts, and their sibling dynamic works perfectly for the premise of the show. Each contestant on the show is related somehow to a celebrity, and their goal is to eliminate each other by correctly guessing other people’s celebrity relatives. Clues are revealed through challenges and even the decorations of the house the contestants stay in. I love playing along and trying to guess who everybody is related to; especially that feeling of vindication that comes when I guess correctly. 

RuPaul’s Drag Race and RuPaul’s Drag Race: All Stars

I have not been shy in the past about my love for the RuPaul’s Drag Race franchise. I simply can’t get enough of it – from the drag queens themselves, the runway looks, the challenges, and of course: the drama. I introduced Drag Race to my roommates and they’re now as equally obsessed as I am. I love cheering for my favorite queens and providing commentary as if I’m sitting on the judging panel next to Mama Ru herself. 

Big Brother  And finally, Big Brother takes the cake as one of my all-time favorite reality shows. I’ve been watching for years, and can never wait for summer to roll around so another season can begin. The competition consists of a group of strangers moving into a house filled with security cameras and becoming isolated from the outside world. They compete in challenges to become the ‘Head of Household,’ who then nominates two people for ‘eviction’ every week. It’s chaotic, and unpredictable, and I know I’m in for a wild ride whenever host Julie Chen Moonves reminds viewers to always “Expect the unexpected.”

Olivia Post

Lasell '26

Olivia Post is the President of the Her Campus at Lasell chapter. She oversees all matters relating to the chapter, from editorial content to on-campus events. Beyond Her Campus, Olivia is a student ambassador for the Blue Key Society at Lasell. She is currently a sophomore at Lasell University, studying Secondary Education and English with a minor in Spanish. In her free time, Olivia enjoys reading, playing video games, and spending time with her roommates. She can also be found working on her latest crochet project, or watching RuPaul's Drag Race.