This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As the fall season comes around, I’ve found myself wearing my favorite clothes of the year: sweaters, long skirts, jeans, sweatshirts, etc. The colder the weather, the more layers I wear, which means more clothes! My clothes for the fall tend to be shades more suited for the lengthening nights; meaning, darker colors. In my personal opinion, here are some of my favorite fall clothing colors. 

Black

Such a basic color, but one that is absolutely perfect. Black is a color that matches with all other colors. Whether you want to wear black by itself or pair it with something else. Personally, I like the classic black-white combination or black-green. When looking for an easy basic or a perfect match, black is one of the best colors to do that. 

Maroon

For some reason, whenever I think of fall, maroon is one of the first colors I think of. It’s not as bright as purple or pink, but it’s not as dark as black either. I love wearing maroon tops or skirts, with more neutral colors underneath. If you’re looking for a color with a little bit of pop, but not too much, in my opinion, maroon is perfect. 

Navy Blue

I may be biased on this one, considering navy blue is my favorite color, but it is absolutely gorgeous to wear during fall. Navy blue suits the darkening sky and the colder weather. Whether it’s a top, a scarf, or something else, this color looks absolutely beautiful during this season. 

I hope everyone finds their go-to colors for the fall season and enjoys the cold weather!

Jade Durkee

Lasell '25

Hi! I'm Jade Durkee, I'm a junior Psychology major at Lasell University. I'm from Hopatcong, New Jersey. I love reading, video games, crocheting, and playing piano.