Hero
Hero
Megan Charles / Her Campus Media
Life > Experiences

My “Forbidden” Piercings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Body modification has been around for a very long time– around 5,000 years. It ranges anywhere from piercings, to tattoos, to even a split tongue. People use it as a form of self-expression, and I am one of these people.

I got my first piercing around three months old, then my next one when I was around seven years old. About a month ago, I got my 14th piercing. As many piercings as I do have, there are some I can only dream of in fear of regret. So, here are a few of my “forbidden” piercings.

Bridge

In my eyes, the bridge piercing is one of the coolest piercings. The piercing goes between the eyes, right across the bridge of the nose. I love the placement of the piercing, but sadly I wear glasses. Another reason I won’t get this piercing is because of the high rejection rate. While I’ve never had a piercing reject before, I am still not very keen on testing it out. 

Eyebrow

When I was in middle school, I called myself “emo.” The reality was, I just listened to punk-pop music, had dyed hair, and was dressed in black. Back then, I always noticed that many of the artists that I listened to had eyebrow piercings. It was my dream as a 12-year-old to have an eyebrow piercing. However, now I know more about the piercing and will leave it to others to live out my middle school dream.

Cheek Dermal 

I’ve always found people who have dimples to be adorable. I love the dimples look- in my eyes, it makes someone’s smile much brighter. Recently, I saw someone in person with dimple piercings for the first time. Their smile appeared brighter with the addition of the piercings. I would love to get this piercing, but I have a habit of biting my cheek (a lot), so I’m worried about it healing.

Jade Durkee

Lasell '25

Hi! I'm Jade Durkee, I'm a junior Psychology major at Lasell University. I'm from Hopatcong, New Jersey. I love reading, video games, crocheting, and playing piano.