chloe andrews rDv1oPNt4qw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
chloe andrews rDv1oPNt4qw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Unsplash
Life > Experiences

My Favorite Ways to Smoke (Legal) Marijuana

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Please note: Cannabis is not legal in all states. Her Campus is not promoting the illegal use, or underage use, of cannabis.

I am very blessed to live in the great state of Massachusetts. We have the number one education in the country, abortions are legal, and so is the recreational use of marijuana for people 21+  (to learn more about the legal regulations and parameters click here).

I’m going to preface this with some personal information about myself. I have never been a “medicated” child. My parents were never into it. Of course, I have my necessary vaccines, and if I got a headache I could take Motrin, but only over-the-counter remedies. For example, I struggled a lot with acne at the beginning of high school, and nothing was working fast or well enough for me. So I really wanted oral medication because when I went to the dermatologist with my mother I discovered it was an option, and I also discovered that it works faster than topical treatments. I just wanted my acne GONE. Alas, my mother said no and that we would keep trying creams and serums. Safe to say by looking at my complexion today, I’m still looking for topical remedies, and I still haven’t tried anything orally. Growing up hearing what my mom and dad thought about “all of the kids being medicated for anything and everything” has instilled into me a negative outlook on unnecessary medications, that can have less extreme and body-altering effects. Recently, I got off hormonal birth control for a non-hormonal option, to try and stabilize my body that has been running on synthetic hormones since I was 15, and I love the way I can really feel and understand my body without the medication.

On a different note, but still the same tune as my acne and hormone issue, I have always thought that I was overthinking. I’ve always had a noisy, jumbled head, and sitting still and in complete silence is not really something that came easy to me. My own struggle with attention issues and anxiety has never led me to medication, because my parents were always really strong advocates of those attributes just being me, and I’ve never had a problem being successful and being my authentic self.  But as I’ve grown older and legally able to make autonomous decisions, I have turned to recreational marijuana use to get my anxiety and attention under my own control. Smoking quiets my head, opens my eyes, and calms my heart. I have found it to be a very relaxing thing to do, that sets my brain up for whatever comes next. 

Through my legal partake in recreational drugs, I have discovered there are ways I do like to smoke, and there are some ways that I do not like to smoke. The following will be an inscription of my favorite way to smoke, my least favorite way, and a few jewels in between. 

• Joints
    • The BEST way for me to calm down. From the grinding to the rolling to the packing; the process is methodical and satisfying. Smoking this way is great for a solo session, or with others (who are of legal age to partake). Conversation and vibes flow, and I find that my material really hits me the right way I want when I smoke this way. 
  • Glass Pieces (Bongs, Bowls, Pipes, etc)
    • This is a very quick and everyday way to smoke, it’s great for when I’m in a bind. I can also really express myself through my pieces, which are pieces of art in their own right. The water used in bongs makes for a smooth smoke, bubbles are always fun, and bowls are discreet and are the perfect size for a quick smoke break.
  • Concentrates
    • We are in the generation of concentrates. Companies put it into disposable pens, wax resins, and so much more. As you can tell by the name, the potent THC chemical that affects the brain to be “high” is highly concentrated in these products. This makes the effects really strong, and the high is intense. While the disposables can vary from great to knock-off crap, they are the most discreet, and the best way to calm yourself down in a bind, and respectfully in public. 
  • Blunts
    • The WORST way to smoke, in my opinion. For those of you unfamiliar with weed terminology, blunts are rolled up, like joints, but the material is different. Instead of paper, they are dried out and curated tobacco leaves, this makes the smoker not only ingest the contents of the marijuana but also ingest the nicotine burned off from the tobacco leaves. I do not like to ingest nicotine, unfortunately, I used to be addicted, and for years I haven’t touched a vape, and I like to keep my system clear of it, since it is so easy to get addicted again. 
Hi! Im a junior at Lasell University majoring in interdisciplinary studies with a focus in education curriculum and a minor in fashion design. Im interested in books, drawing, language, and Im very excited for people to read and hopefully enjoy my work!