This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

My favorite part about fall has to be Halloween, but it’s probably not for why you think. I love the idea of dressing up as something or someone you’re not, and I love passing out candy to the kids in my neighborhood. But the best part for me is 100% the scary movies. Starting in September, and even during late August, we get to see all of the trailers for the new and upcoming horror movies bound to play in theaters. Not to mention, we start seeing horror classics appear on our screens in commercials and even see some of our favorite streaming apps put them into collections based on how scary they are. 

Now, I know that horror movies are not for everyone. But for me, horror movies are my favorite genre of movies so I don’t really need Halloween to come around for me to want to watch them. But there’s just something about the cold weather that makes me want to snuggle up with a blanket, make some popcorn, grab some candy, and sit at the TV or my laptop and scream my head off. So the minute that October starts, I make a list of what movies to watch for every day of the month. I started doing this more when I got to college because it gave me the motivation to finish up all of my homework just so I would be able to enjoy the movies. With all that said, here are my top horror movies that I love to watch during the spooky season, as well as some that I hope I get to watch before the season is over. 

Horror Movies That Have Already Come Out:

1. Jennifer’s Body
  2. The Conjuring Series
  3. Sinister 1 & 2
  4. The Exorcist 
  5. The Nun
  6. The Shining 
  7. The Grudge Series
  8. The Silence of the Lambs
  9. Hereditary
  10. Get Out
  11. Us
  12. Evil Dead Rise (2023)
  13. The Saw Series
  14. Rosemary’s Baby
  15. A Nightmare on Elms Street
  16. A Serbian Film (massive trigger warning: this is very sick and twisted and includes extremely graphic sexual scenes)
  17. As above So Below

Horror Movies That I Haven’t Watched But Really Want To:

1. The Exorcist: Believers
  2. The Nun ll
  3. Saw X
  4. A Haunting in Venice
  5. No One Will Save You
  6. It Lives Inside
  7. Pet Cemetery: Bloodlines
  8. Deliver Us
  9. Appendage
I love anything makeup, hair, and fashion and I love meeting new people!