The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Each season brings in new events happening everywhere you go. Whether it’s a calm walk through the park, going out on the town, or even spending a nice night in, all of these can be made to share a special moment with a special person. Now for people in relationships, out in the dating world, or just like taking themselves out on dates, we want those special moments with the person we care about to be perfect (at least I do). But due to this, there can be many feelings surrounding that: nervousness, excitement, anticipation, panic, the whole nine yards. So to make things just a little bit easier, specifically for the Boston babes who love going out on dates, I wanted to share some places that I have been to that I think would make a great date spot, as well as some places that I would love to be taken on a date to. 

Barcades

These are for my gamers out there. Whether you’re an avid gamer, a casual gamer, or even someone who hasn’t really played many games at all, barcades are such a fun experience. The childhood memories of going to an arcade combined with the bar set up and alcoholic drinks make this section of nightlife very popular amongst the younger crowd. As someone who has gone on a date to a barcade, I will say there is no shortage of talking points, and watching how someone plays a game (i.e., are they a sore loser or are they an aggressive player) has helped me learn a lot about the person I’m with. Plus, a lot of these places are super cheap with most places only charging $5-10 to play as many games as you want as long as you want. So here are some barcades located in and around Boston that you should go to:

Museums

For the more introverted crowd, I think museum dates are an awesome way to get to know someone a little more without having the big crowds and loud chatter drown out the person you’re going with. Museums can help you learn about someone’s interests and hobbies, as well as their views on life. The artwork and beautiful collections are a great way to spark up conversations about so many things. Here are some Boston museums that I think would be great for a date:

Arts & Crafts

For the artsy people out there or those wanting to tap into their creative energy, there are so many places that offer arts and crafts style activities where couples and even singles taking themselves out can enjoy a lovely time immersed in their own creativity. They have places that do pottery, paint by numbers, and even make cute little charm bracelets (which by the way would be so cute as a little gift exchange at the end of your date). Luckily, Boston has a couple of spots where you can do that.

Stargazing 

This one can be done in multiple different ways. You can make this an at-home thing where you meet up, set a blanket out, and look at the stars. You can also do the same at local parks, beaches, or any open area. But for those who don’t have as much free space to do that, I offer another option. Look for planetariums or local areas known for stargazing and see if you could set up shop there. My favorite place to go for this is the Public Open Night at the Observatory located on the Boston University campus. There you can grab a telescope, find a place with your partner, and have an amazing time stargazing. It’s such a cute spot to go to especially for people who are in a relationship and just want to enjoy each other’s time under the stars.

I love anything makeup, hair, and fashion and I love meeting new people!