This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Better known as Halloween, it’s finally “spooky” season!; (but they are used interchangeably throughout the world). Now is the time to find your Halloween costumes, and dress how you want to your heart’s content. No matter the age, everyone can enjoy Halloween. 

For parents of young children, or older siblings, go all out! Later in life, when those kids are older, they will definitely appreciate it. Now that I’m older, seeing pictures of my younger self in Halloween costumes is very nostalgic. So, here are some of my favorite costumes from my childhood. 

Lady Bug

My first costume ever was a ladybug. I think it was adorable! Imagine a little six month old, majorly bald baby, in a cute ladybug costume. My parents had given me a matching basket that had ladybug wings, then proceeded to parade me around the neighborhood. While I may not remember that night at all, I’m still sure I had a fun first Halloween. 

Princess

As the youngest in my entire family, I was always called “princess”. My brothers, my sister, my cousin, etc, all called me princess. So, for my third Halloween, of course, I was a princess. I had my bright blonde hair in ringlets, an adorable pink puffy dress with, and cute Cinderella heels with a matching crown. It was absolutely magical. 

Witch

For this costume I was a little older. Maybe around seven or eight years old, but still young enough that I didn’t pick the costume on my own. My mother had ordered this bubble gum pink witch costume, with a matching pink broom. Now, I was not (and am still not now) the biggest fan of pink, but even I have to admit it was pretty damn cute. I spent the entire week learning fake witch spells, then spent the entire Halloween night “casting spells” on other kids. I’m not exactly sure they worked… but I had fun. 

Tinkerbell

Last but not least, my absolute favorite costume from my childhood: Tinkerbell! I was around four years old for this costume, and I absolutely crushed it. My hair was perfect, my costume was perfect, and I even had a matching Terence with me. I would say my favorite part of the costume was the green flats my parents had bought, and then attached cotton balls too. It was a dream come true for me, because Tinkerbell had always been my favorite movie growing up. 

For those out there who have younger siblings, or children, definitely come up with some awesome costumes for them! It’s so much fun to look back on all of the photos from when I was younger, I appreciate all the effort my family put into my costumes. 

Happy Halloween!

Jade Durkee

Lasell '25

Hi! I'm Jade Durkee, I'm a junior Psychology major at Lasell University. I'm from Hopatcong, New Jersey. I love reading, video games, crocheting, and playing piano.