Make Your Pencil Bag Cute AF and Organized With These Back to School Items

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

In honor of getting back into the swing of things, Her Campus Lasell is heading back to school in style.  We’ve got the tips and insights to get you through, whether you’re a freshman or a senior.

It’s that time of year again, college is starting back up and we are getting in the swing of things. I am personally a fan of writing muy notes, despite the fact I know many people prefer to type their notes.  I figured why not share my pencil bag essentials. These are the items that do not leave my bag no matter what, helping me from in-class notes to annotating textbooks.

1. Mechanical Pencils and Erasers

I know some people prefer regular pencils but I swear on using a mechanical pencil. You don’t need a pencil sharpener and the lead is always sharp. I also suggest keeping an eraser on hand because I know I personally always use up all the eraser on the back on my pencil.

2. Pens and Colored Pens

Now, this seems like common sense, who doesn’t keep a pen of them. My favorite pen is Papermate InkJoy Pens because one pack literally lasts me all year. However, I’d suggest having some extra black pen handy if you always lose your pens as I do. Colored pens are great for accenting a keyword or important line.

3. Zebra Mildliner Highlighters

I have seen Zebra Mild Liner Highlighters on study gram and sturdy tube for ages and I finally picked up a pack this year at my local Walgreens. I can confidently say that these highlighters are such a gorgeous color and I love the two tip shapes. These are great to highlight a variety of texts and don’t bleed.

4. Sticky Notes and Sticky Flags

I feel like sticky notes are often overlooked by college students, especially sticky flags. I use these the most when I am reading a textbook or essay. These are great for marking up important facts instead of highlighting the book and you can use the larger sticky notes to summarize the page/chapter or write down important information.

5. Whiteout

If you use a pen then you need white-out, there is not an excuse for having words scribbled out. Whiteout has saved me so many times when I have misspelled words or decided to change my sentence. If you are like me and like things looking neat, pick up a multipack and keep one at you at all times.

6. Mini Stapler

My final suggestion is to get a stapler, if you have professors who ask for you to hand it a paper copy of your assignment, this is a must. They will not have a stapler for you to use and some professors will not accept a paper that is not stapled or paperclipped.

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.