Wellness

Little Changes I’ve Made to My Morning Routine to Conduce a More Productive Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.
  1. Laying out my clothes the night before

I have always somewhat planned out my outfits in my head the night before. I have now begun physically laying out my outfit. It saves me a few extra minutes in the morning!

1. Using an Ice Roller

When I first wake up, I grab my ice roller from the freezer. The ice roller is cold and refreshing. It quickly depuffs my face. 

1. Waking up 30 minutes earlier than before

Traditionally, I would wake up an hour before I had to leave. I began waking up slightly earlier by ten and twenty minutes gradually. I now wake up thirty minutes earlier, so I have an hour and a half to ease into the day. The extra time gives me a relaxing amount of time to complete my morning routine. 

1. Showering in the morning

I have begun showering in the morning with the extra time in my routine, which properly wakes me up. Previously, I was a diehard night shower fan, but I am starting to prefer the morning shower. I love smelling good as soon as I wake up. A warm shower is perfect for easing into the morning because it is relaxing. A cold shower helps wake me up quickly because it is so refreshing. 

1. Practicing a consistent skincare routine

After years of consistent acne since middle school, I have finally perfected my skincare routine. I have discovered products that work for me and that I enjoy using, making the routine easy to complete.

1. Eating breakfast every morning

Every morning I eat breakfast, which fuels me. My breakfast of choice is a rice cake or bagel with peanut butter and a piece of fruit. I love apples and oranges. 

1. Drinking a glass of water first

Alongside my breakfast, I drink a glass of water. Coffee or another caffeinated beverage is not the first drink I have in the morning. I typically will make a coffee right before I walk out the door, so I can drink it during class!

Isabelle is a Sophmore Elementary Education major at Lasell! She also is working towards her minor in History. On campus, Isabelle is involved in HerCampus, Habitat for Humanity, Tomorrow's Teachers, and Empty Bowls. Her hobbies include yoga, listening to Taylor Swift, and thrifting!