This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Hello! Today I will be introducing myself, Jade Diaz. 

Jade Diaz is a fashion merchandising junior at Lasell University. She is the Marketing Director for the Her Campus club at Lasell. When she’s not attending school, she enjoys living in her current hometown of Farmington, Connecticut. However, she was born and raised in Jamaica, Queens prior to moving to Connecticut for high school. From one city to the next, she enjoys the changes in her environment.

She is the oldest daughter in the Diaz family and is a 3rd generation Latina. She is Ecuadorian on her mother’s side and Dominican on her father’s side. She loves the music, food, and culture that she was raised with. With this love, she enjoys sharing it amongst her friends and observing their lovable reactions towards it.

Along with her major, she has also chosen to minor in Studio Art. She enjoys dedicating her admiration of femininity art through her figurative paintings. Over the past year she has been practicing painting to develop her own style of figurative art. Combining her love for mixed media and painting, she creates paintings with rhinestones. Using realistic body types of all forms, she hopes for others to see themselves in her paintings.

As someone who enjoys being creative, she hopes to take on a career that enhances love for artistry. As she is learning about the fashion industry, she is looking at careers in visual merchandising and visual designing.

Her sense of style has roots in comfort and inspiration from her role models. When it comes to comfort, sneakers are her essential favorite. From observing the sneaker culture of New York during her middle school days, she uses the footwear of athletics as her go-to shoes. When it comes to her apparel, influences from cinema and cartoon shows help her choose her pieces. 

Being able to be flexible in any environment, she has her heart out for traveling. Whether that is taking solo travels to another part of the city,  group trips on islands, she is up for any thrill. On the top of her traveling list, she adores traveling to national parks and beaches to enjoy the calmness of nature. After parks, she enjoys trying new food and desserts in new places. 

When it comes to her challenges and fears, she has learned to give chances and learn from them. At times, she may be scared to take risks and hesitate. Yet, she pushes herself out and takes those risks in opportunities and possibilities. She recalls that the scariest element of trying new ideas is just the feeling of fear. Once it’s attempted, the feeling goes away. 

Without a doubt, if she had never given opportunities a chance, she wouldn’t be the person she is today. Today, she continues her love of learning and newness of adventures in her day-to-day life. 

Jade Diaz

Lasell '23

Jade is a Senior at Lasell, majoring in Fashion Merchandising and Management. She adores figurative art, and enjoys being creative in any way possible. She is sneaker- obsessed and loves the world of fashion. One fun fact is that her dog Finn, is named after a Star Wars character named FN-2187.