Wellness > Sex + Relationships

International Women’s Day: Spotlighting Editor Hannah’s Mom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Whenever I’m asked who I most admire and look up to, my answer is always the same: my mom. She has been a constant pillar of strength throughout my life, and I genuinely could not have asked for anyone better to be my mom. Although we definitely butted heads a lot during my early teenage years, it’s been so exciting getting to bond more and moreover the years as I’ve grown and matured. She truly is one of my best friends, and I’m grateful every single day that I got so lucky in the mom department. 

State to State

Throughout the four different houses and states we’ve lived in, my mom has always been there for me. She has encouraged me to break out of my shell and make friends in each new place, and without that encouragement and support, I wouldn’t have the amazing friends that I have today. Not to mention, my mom is one of my best friends too as she is constantly making me laugh, telling me stories, and offering life advice when I need it most. 

Career Choice

Without my mom’s guidance, I wouldn’t have chosen the current career path I’m on. I currently attend Lasell University and am pursuing a degree in Elementary Education. My mom was a teacher for years before I was born, and although she taught Kindergarten and I want to teach fourth grade, her stories and experiences in the classroom helped me to realize that the classroom was where I wanted to be too. Throughout my first two years in college, my mom has continued to encourage my desire to teach. 

On this International Women’s Day, I encourage everyone to go give their mom or another mother figure in their life a huge hug. While you’re at it, tell them how grateful you are for everything they’ve done for you! A little gratitude goes a long way, and trust me, moms and mother figures everywhere will hugely appreciate that small gesture. They do so much for us, and the least we can do is throw a little love and appreciation back their way!

Attends Lasell University and is currently a senior (class of 2023). An elementary education major with a minor in child and adolescent studies. A proud member of the LGBTQ+ community, I love the color yellow, crocs, and all kinds of tea!