The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I’m somewhat of an avid reader, meaning I consume books in an almost unhealthy amount of time that may slowly break my bank account. Of course, I’m also a regular at my school library, however, there are only so many library books a girl can read before she misses being able to keep every book she’s read physically. So, instead of strictly keeping myself to the library, I decided to start going to used books stores as well. This has been a very important financial decision on my part, one which has been saving my butt an ungodly amount. For this article, I’ve decided that I’m going to list which Boston used bookstores I still haven’t gone to yet, but ones that I’m planning to. 

Brattle Book Shop

The Brattle Book Shop is first on my list simply because of the history behind it. This shop has been open since 1825, almost 200 years old. The store has an antiquarian section of books and I know for a fact that it will be one of the first places I am going to visit. They also have over 250,000 books, maps, and many more items. I am extremely excited to spend hours exploring this shop and buying too many books.

Bryn Mawr Bookstore

While I do not know as much about the Bryn Mawr Bookstore, it is still a used bookstore I am very much intending to go to. What I find super interesting about this store is that proceeds from the store are used for scholarships at Bryn Mawr College and all of the proceeds go to the college. Along with that, it is staffed by volunteers. As a college student myself, I love that this store helps other students achieve scholarships that can help them get into college. 

Brookline Booksmith What grabbed my attention when researching Brookline Booksmith was the amount of events they have each year. This bookstore has over 300 author talks, community conversations, and book club events each year. I have never gotten the chance to attend any events at bookstores before, but I have already been marking down some exciting ones that Brookline Booksmith is hosting!

Jade Durkee

Lasell '25

Hi! I'm Jade Durkee, I'm a junior Psychology major at Lasell University. I'm from Hopatcong, New Jersey. I love reading, video games, crocheting, and playing piano.