Kellyn Simpkin-Girl Scrolling Phone High Waisted Jeans Watch Curly Hair Cactus
Kellyn Simpkin / Her Campus
Style > Beauty

I try viral TikTok heatless curl product

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

After seeing this heatless hair roller everywhere on TikTok I knew that I had to try it. It seemed to take the TikTok hair community by storm as I saw people from straight hair to curly hair trying this curly hair product. When I watched the videos it looked like they used a curling iron, it looked too good to be true, which is why I had to review it.

This product is one large hair roller that looks like a jumbo Flexi rod, but it’s stuffed fabric instead of being flexible plastic. It is very similar to the robe band hack except it allows for a wider curl. Most of the sets also come with a claw clip ad two scrunchies.

When you use the product you place it even to both sides of your head and use the clip to keep it in your hair. You twist your hair adding sections into the twist on DRY hair and secure with the scrunchies on both sides. I also like to twist it back to make it tighter and add a third scrunchie to hold it together in a disk-like shape around your head. Spray your head with some water or water mixed with conditioner until it is damp. If you do this on dry hair, your hair will still be wet and will not set overnight.

When you wake up take the hair out and comb through it with a wide-tooth comb or your fingers. Add some hair oil to help weigh the hair down and give it a healthy shine.

I have naturally wavy/curly hair, but I’ve seen this used with pin-straight hair. However, I would imagine it wouldn’t work thick very curly hair- 3B and up. It gave my hair the appearance of when I straighten it and use a curling wand at the ends. It looks even better than when I use heat on my hair and is 10x easier. It even lasts a few days in this style if I attempt to maintain it. My only complaint is that sometimes my roots start to frizz up which can be fixed with hair gel and some oil.

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.