This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

New Girl. How much do I have to say? It is an absolute gold mine for slice-of-life comedy in a TV show. Jessica Day, better known as Jess, had recently caught her boyfriend Spencer cheating on her. In a whirlwind of events, she ends up moving in with three grown men in a single apartment: Schmidt, Nick, and Coach. Now, those three had never lived with a woman before, and they were definitely not prepared for Jess. But, all things end well, and Jess becomes a part of their little family. (Fun fact, in the literal second episode of New Girl, Coach moves out, and a different character, Winston, moves in… but then Coach comes back in the third season).

If I had to say who my favorite character was, it would definitely be Nick, for many many reasons. One of them is that he delivers the best quotes, and below I will list some of my favorites. 

Season 1 Episode 15: “Injured”
“I feel like really warm in my uterus.”

“You can go to my funeral but you can’t talk. My funeral is my time to shine.”

Season 2 Episode 5: “Models”

“Then why do I hear words coming out of the stupid hole in your face.”

“You gave me cookie, I got you cookie man!”

Season 2 Episode 8: “Parents”

“Do I regret it? Yes. Would I do it again? Probably.” 

Season 2 Episode 14: “Pepperwood”

“I’m from Chicago. Thin crust pizza? No, thank you.”

Season 3 Episode 3: “Double Date”

“I’m not convinced I know how to read, I’ve just memorized a lot of words.”

Season 4 Episode 14: “Swuit”

“Dog looks at dang-dang, tail wag-wag.”

“Dog’s name is Claire. Claire come in.”

Jade Durkee

Lasell '25

Hi! I'm Jade Durkee, I'm a junior Psychology major at Lasell University. I'm from Hopatcong, New Jersey. I love reading, video games, crocheting, and playing piano.