Meredith Kress-Summer Girl Legs Swimming Pool
Meredith Kress / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

How I’m Planning on Enjoying My Summer on a Busy Schedule 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As I am wrapping up my sophomore year of college, I am realizing how jam-packed my 2023 summer is! I am working for most of the summer, so I am trying to make the most of the summertime vibes away from school and classes! Here are some of my plans…

1. Utilize the Weekends

I work during the weekdays on standard workday hours, leaving little room for fun Monday through Friday. Planning my weekend activities in advance ensures I actually enjoy the summertime! It also gives me something to look forward to during the week. I will be using my weekend time for lots of beach days. Additionally, local day trips on the weekends ensure I get to spend quality time with my family. 

1. Ice cream!

Ice cream is the perfect summertime treat! On weekdays, the perfect dessert after dinner is an ice cream cone from a local ice cream shop. 

1. Pool Time

I love to swim, however, I do not have a pool. Luckily, I am able to use my neighbor’s pool. A quick dip after work is refreshing and a great way to exercise. 

1. Reading

At the beginning of the summer, I am planning on buying 4-5 books to read. I really enjoy reading but am never motivated to do so. Especially during the school year, I get burnt out quickly from reading textbooks. The beach and tanning are perfect opportunities for reading. Buying the books in advance will set me up for success to actually get through them!

1. Catch-up with Hometown Friends

During the school year, it is difficult to keep up with friends from my hometown. All of us typically live at home during our different colleges’ summer vacations which gives us ample opportunity to hang out. Hanging out with friends also gives an excuse to participate in classic summer activities like campfires, beach times, and jeep drives!  

Isabelle is a Sophmore Elementary Education major at Lasell! She also is working towards her minor in History. On campus, Isabelle is involved in HerCampus, Habitat for Humanity, Tomorrow's Teachers, and Empty Bowls. Her hobbies include yoga, listening to Taylor Swift, and thrifting!