This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

With astrology, tarot, and manifestation becoming increasingly more popular on TikTok, more people than ever have been going through their spiritual awakenings. I am one of those people, and I could not be more thankful. 

Like many others, my For You Page was flooded with collective tarot readings telling me that that guy who had left me out in the cold was coming back to me. One after the other, these readings got redundant. I also had a tough time actually believing them and would always wonder if the reading was actually true for me. 

I was inspired to start reading tarot myself. I shopped around everywhere for a Rider-Waite-based deck. I settled on a Retro Barbie-themed one from Etsy (support small businesses!). It took a bit to get to me because of the USPS, but the deck was well worth the wait. I was so excited to get started. 

I tried doing some readings by pulling a card and looking up the definition, but I realized I needed to go deeper. I watched a Youtube video that taught me effective techniques including how to practice. Now, I practice on myself every day.

I stepped up my reading abilities by offering to give my friends and their college friends free readings. It was easy for me to give readings to my close friends because I knew them. However, giving readings to their friends was a step up as I did not know anything about them. I gave multiple readings to them and was proud of myself when they came to me freaking out because of how accurate they were. This definitely boosted my confidence, and I started to trust my self readings a lot more. 

Now that I have this new tool (and everything else that has come with my spiritual awakening), my life has been much more at ease. Whenever I feel confused about something, I just ask my deck and get advice. Most notably, my deck helped me choose which school I should transfer to.

Learning how to read tarot has made my life so much easier, and I feel so blessed that I found out how to do it for myself.

Emelia Mulligan is a freshman at Lasell University studying Criminal Justice and playing field hockey. When she's not studying or practicing, she is either online shopping, watching reality tv, or listening to r&b. She has a passion for mental health awareness and is pursuing addiction recovery for a future career. Find her on social media linked below.