How to Get Away With Murder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

From the executive producers of Scandal comes a new nighttime drama How to Get Away with Murder. The incomparable Viola Davis stars in this new series as Professor Annalise Keating, a criminal law professor at Middleton Law School. And she is everything a captivating professor should be. She is brilliant, creative, passionate, and hypnotizing in class. But that is just scratching the surface. Darkly glamorous, sexy, dangerous, and unpredictable she has a take no prisoners kind of attitude. 

Including her work as a professor, Annalise Keating is also a criminal defense attorney for criminals guilty of the most heinous crimes from fraud to murder. Knowing the producers of Scandal, Annalise is set to be the best of the best at her job and can rip out an enemy’s throat with her teeth in the court room. But to bring the classroom to life, Professor Keating chooses a group of the four top students in her class to work at her law firm along with her two associates, Frank Delfino and Bonnie Winterbottom. 

While her life is good now, with two excellent jobs and a loving husband, a new relationship will force Annalise Keating to reveal secrets from her past she thought would never have to speak of again. 

In the sneak peaks on ABC’s website, Annalise promises to be just as compelling of a character and a powerhouse woman as Olivia Pope from Scandal has been. The show premiers Thursday, September 25, at 10 P.M EST.

Caitlin is currently the Campus Correspondent for Lasell College and is anticipating graduation in 2015 from Lasell College with a B.A in communications. She is majoring in communications with a focus in journalism. When not at school she works in retail. When she isn't busy with Her Campus or school work, she enjoys archery, reading, shopping (with an addiction to shoes), and exploring as much as possible. Her favorite books include the whole Harry Potter series, any mystery/ thriller novel, and historical fiction.