How to: Fall Ombre Nails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Tired of giving yourself girl-time by painting your nails, only to have them chip two days later?  A great solution to chipped nails is to ombre the ends of your nails. Take any nail polish of your choice (mine is usually a gold or silver glitter polish) and dip the ends of your nails with the polish.

The process is super easy.  For this, all you need is the polish, a sponge (can be a makeup sponge or a regular bath sponge), a piece of paper, and a clear top coat.  

I decided to use black and orange as my colors today.

To start the process, I painted the nail orange.

Next, I took the black polish and put just enough that I needed on the piece of paper for the dipping process.

I took the sponge and dabbed at the end of each nail, When you start the dipping process, you have to be careful of how much polish you want to be put on the nail.  It’s almost supposed to have a gradient effect and be very subtle, but still show the color.  Use the sponge and lightly dab the sponge on the nail and go back if you think the color needs to be intensified.

Once the dipping process is done, let the nails dry and finish with a top coat.

Lasell College junior studying journalism and communications.