He Named Me MALALA Event

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

In honor of the final days of women’s history month, Her Campus is partnering up with the Lasell chapter of She’s the First to host an on-campus screening of the movie, “He Named Me Malala”. The movie follows Malala Yousafzai, a women’s education activist from Pakistan, from her beginnings as an activist to her current life in London. When Malala was 16 years old, she was targeted by the Taliban for her activism, and was brutally shot in the face. Miraculously, she survived, and has gone on to be one the most influential people in the world, and the youngest winner of the Nobel Peace Prize. To learn more about this amazing young woman and her inspiring story, come to this Her Campus event! The event will be held on Wednesday, March 30th at 8pm in Rosen auditorium, and pizza and popcorn will be sold.

Taylor is a senior at Lasell majoring in Communications with a concentration in Journalism and a minor in sociology. She has happily been a member of Her Campus Lasell for the past two years. This will be her second year as Campus Correspondent. She is also involved with Active Minds on campus. Taylor runs a camp during the summer, and in her free time likes to bake cookies, get swoll at the gym, eat fancy food and travel through Europe.