This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Last week, Halsey dropped the first single following her 2017 album Hopeless Fountain Kingdom. The song, titled Without Me is rumored to be about her split from boyfriend G-Eazy, who she since has gotten back together with.

While Halsey (whose birth name is Ashley Frangipane) is known for being vulnerable and not holding back, in an interview with Zane Lowe, she said this is the first song she’s written as just Ashley. Without Me focuses on a relationship where Halsey was giving much more than she was receiving. In the song she recalls how she helped pick her ex off the ground, only for him to take advantage of her. In the chorus she asks: “Tell me, how’s it feel sittin’ up there?/ Feeling so high, but too far away to hold me/ You know I’m the one who put you up there/ Name in the sky, does it ever get lonely? /Thinking you could live without me.”

Halsey also revealed that the music video will be much more stripped back than her previous work. “It’s just me, it’s like me in a white t-shirt with like normal hair, just like seeing the camera. No character, no cinematography, no gun fight, car explosion, you know stuff like I usually do.”  

As amazing as Halsey’s past releases have been, we’re excited to see a much more stripped back version of herself. We can’t wait to see what else she has in store!

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.
Madi is a sophomore Fashion Communciations major at Lasell College. In addition to being a part of Her Campus, she is also a part of Empty Bowls and is a Peer Mentor. She loves Harry Styles, hanging out with friends, and thrift shopping.