Life > Experiences

Galentine’s Day Recap: Movies, Shopping, and Fun!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As exciting as Valentine’s Day can be with a significant other, sometimes a Galentine’s Day with your best friends can actually be even more fun. This year, I spent Valentine’s Day with my suitemate, and it was definitely one of the best Valentine’s Days I’ve had. 

When I got out of work for the day, we got in her car and drove to the Natick Mall. Once we got there, we headed up to Build-A-Bear. We each picked an animal, I picked a groundhog and she picked a bear, and we stuffed them, and even did the special heart ceremony to bring our animals to life. We also got them special t-shirts with dinosaurs on them because of our favorite movie, Velocipastor, and named them after the main characters. 

After we left, we went downstairs to Auntie Anne’s Pretzels. At Auntie Anne’s, you can get a pretzel bucket that comes with two drinks, which was perfect for the rest of our night. We got this huge bucket of pretzels and headed back to Lasell, pretzels, and laughs in tow. 

Once we got back, we went into our suite and set up our pretzels, drinks, and various snacks we had already picked up and put on our favorite show, Drake and Josh. We spent the rest of the night watching the show, eating a large variety of snacks, and laughing our way through Valentine’s Day. 

This night proved to me that you don’t need a significant other on Valentine’s Day, you just need to be surrounded by great people who care about you and want to have fun and make the most of every day.

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)