France Bean Cobain for Marc Jacobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Recently it was announced that Frances Bean Cobain, the daughter of 90s grunge icons Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain, will be the face of Marc Jacobs’ Spring/Summer ‘17 campaign. While Cobain isn’t the first person you think of when you hear the words “high fashion,” her nearly lifelong relationship with Jacobs inspired the designer.

“I have always wanted to work with Frances. Her beauty, uniqueness, and strength is something I have long admired and respected,” Jacobs said in an Instagram post. Cobain admitted in an interview with Vogue that this project was “100 percent outside [her] comfort zone,” but she only puts her name on something she genuinely believes in. She’s a huge fan of the collection and how Jacobs is a rebel in the fashion world.

Cobain also took the opportunity to change the idea of what a traditional fashion model is.

“I’m not representing the beautiful top models of the world. I’m representing what a general, standard, average human girl would look like wearing these clothes,” she also told Vogue.

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.