The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

After four years of living in college dorms, I finally got it right my senior year. When you live in a dorm, you need to have essential items in order to live comfortably. Especially if you live far from home as I do. My home is about two hours from my campus, so, I don’t get to make frequent visits if I desperately need something from home. So here are four items in my dorm that I can’t live without.

1. A full-length mirror

This is the most obvious item that I have to mention. Putting outfits together and dressing up is one of my favorite things to do at school. Also, romanticizing college outfits just immerse me in the experience even more. But not only that, I just need to make sure I look good from head to toe, and without my full-length mirror, I’d be in shambles.

1. Backrest pillow and my UGG Lap Pouf

Surprisingly, my dorm bed is super comfortable due to my two mattress pads, cotton sheets, cozy blankets, and pile of pillows. So, it’s safe to say that I love laying in my bed for a nap or just relaxing. However, my backrest pillow is perfect for when I want to sit up and read, lounge, or be on my laptop. But, it doesn’t stop there – my old roommate and I took the plunge and purchased UGG Lap Pouf pillows, and the coziness went through the roof. With the lap pillow, I can place my laptop, iPad, or book on it and use them easily. The lap pouf even has a side pocket for my phone or snacks!

1. Rolling Cart with Shelves

Storage in most college dorms is limited, so having items that help practically store things I need is important. Also, as I moved up the ladder from freshman to senior, my dorms have gotten better and thankfully, my current dorm has plenty of space. But a staple item that I had with me for all four years would be my rolling cart. I purchased mine from IKEA and it has three shelves that hold things I need. For instance, it holds my snacks and non-perishable foods, utensils, tumblers, and some cleaning supplies. In the past, I could place it right by my bedside or desk and it was so easy to just reach over and grab what I needed.

1. Essential Oil Diffuser

This is another staple item that has been with me for a while. Since candles are forbidden in dorms (understandably for safety reasons), my diffuser is a perfect alternative. It helps my mood and state of mind when I turn it on. Not only does it make my room smell good but it is aesthetically pleasing when I finish cleaning or chill out for a while. Also, it is lovely to have if I’m studying and I want to create a comfy atmosphere. 
Finally, other honorable mentions I should include are my mini Bluetooth speaker, fairy lights, mini fridge, and table lamp. As I mentioned in the beginning, I finally got it right with my senior year dorm and I will enjoy every moment in it that I can before I graduate and leave campus for the final time.

Hi! My name is Celeste and I am currently a senior, majoring in Health Science at Lasell University. On campus, I am involved in a variety of clubs such as HerCampus, the Student Government Association as the VP of Academics, the Campus Activities Board, and the Knitting Club. Also, I intern at a health center as a patient resource advocate and I work at the IT Help Desk on my campus. In my spare time, my favorite things to do are read, watch videos or movies, and sit and chat with my friends!