The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Halloweekend is nearly upon us, and that means two things: costumes and parties. And, for those of us who are 21+, that also means deciding what to drink at these parties. Whether you plan to keep it simple and just grab a can out of your fridge or whether you want to step up your drink game and make something cute and fun, this list will have you covered. 

1. Zombie Brain Cocktail 

If you’re looking for something that only takes five minutes of prep time, this drink is for you. Not only does it look super cool, but it sounds delicious too. However, this drink definitely requires that you make a grocery and liquor store run, because I myself don’t have all of these ingredients in my kitchen. You’ll need some raspberries, pomegranate juice, orange juice, ginger ale, vodka, and Chambord. Sounds yummy, right? 

1. Witch’s Potion

Another drink with a short prep time (only 10 minutes!) and an even easier list of ingredients, the Witch’s Potion is yummy and also spooky-looking. It can be made with or without alcohol, and you’ll need lemon-lime soda (or Sprite), lemonade, pomegranate juice, and an alcohol of your choice. Personally, I would recommend vodka. Optionally, you can get some red food coloring gel and put little drops of it on the rims of each glass (not sure how this would taste, but will definitely up your drink picture game). 

1. Black Magic Jell-O Shots 

If you’re a huge fan of Jell-O shots, this recipe is for you. The prep time on these is a little bit longer, so make sure you plan in advance if you want to make these (you’ll need to set aside about four and a half hours). Ingredients-wise, you’ll need six packages of purple Jell-O, boiling water, vodka, and black food coloring. If you’d like, you can also pick up some black or purple sugar to rim your glasses with! 

1. The Grave Digger

A very ominous name, but will probably lead to a very good time. For this drink, you’ll need tequila (the recipe recommends Agaves Reposado tequila, but at $35 a bottle, I’ll be sticking with my Jose Cuervo), mezcal, fino sherry (a dry white wine), and pear liqueur. You’ll definitely have to run to the store in order to make this drink, but the prep time is minimal as all you’re doing is stirring and then straining the ingredients. 

1. The Devil’s Margarita 

If you’re looking for a drink that is just as tasty as it is pretty to look at, the Devil’s Margarita is the drink for you. It comes out in a stunning white-to-pink color gradient that is simply to die for. Prep time is once again only five minutes, and you’ll need tequila, lime juice, simple syrup, and a red wine (this recipe recommends either Cabernet or Carménère). 
If mixing a drink isn’t really for you, simply grab a can or bottle out of your fridge and go have fun! Some of my personal favorites that I always keep on hand are Smirnoff Ices, Mike’s Hard Lemonades, and Mang-o-Ritas.

Attends Lasell University and is currently a senior (class of 2023). An elementary education major with a minor in child and adolescent studies. A proud member of the LGBTQ+ community, I love the color yellow, crocs, and all kinds of tea!