Fashion by Mayhem

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

So you don’t think a four-year-old can be considered a fashion designer? Think again.

Meet Angie, known on Instagram as @twosisters_angie, and mother of the most talked about four-year-old in the country right now, whom she lovingly nicknamed “Mayhem.” Mayhem refused to wear her new princess dresses, and after finding Mayhem’s clothes in her toy chest, Angie suggested that she create her own dresses using paper.

And thus, a fashionista was born. On May 23, 2013 Mayhem’s first creation was this:

If they don’t have tissue paper, wrapping paper, or construction paper Angie and Mayhem get creative with what they have around the house. This creation was made entirely out of foam athletic tape!

Most dresses take between 30-60 minutes to make, and they are completely 50/50. However, after watching Project Runway, Mayhem wanted to take on a slightly larger project; and by slightly larger, it took four hours (over the course of two days) to complete. Angie at first was hesitant—seriously, how can you make such a complex design out of paper. Well, Mayhem sure showed us!

Here are some of my favorite #FashionByMayhem dresses:

Want to see more of Mayhem’s creations? Follow Angie on Instagram, @twosisters_angie, or check out their website at fashionbymayhem.com!

A self-proclaimed fashionista, Miranda is currently a Sophomore in the Honors Program at Lasell College, majoring in Fashion Communication & Promotion, and minoring in Event Management. She hopes to someday be employed as an editor or stylist at a fashion magazine. This New Hampshirite's love for all things fast-paced, food and fashion is what brought her to the city of Boston. In her spare time Miranda enjoys trying out new restaurants and shopping on Newbury Street with her boyfriend. She is an editor at POLISHED, a Boston based fashion and culture magazine, and a front desk agent at the Boston Newton Marriott.