Emalee’s Recipe Book: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Welcome to a tasteful new segment, our President Emalee’s favorite recipes. Where she will rate the recipe from easy to hard to make as well as tell you all the instructions and ingredients needed to make it! This week we are featuring Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bead! 

If there was only one fall dessert someone wanted to make this season, it should be this pumpkin chocolate chip bread! This recipe was not too hard to make. This recipe mostly consists of common pantry items, expect pumpkin puree. One of the ingredients that made this recipe stellar was the chocolate chips, however those could be substituted with walnuts or raisins. It does make three loaves, so making one loaf with each one is an option. 

Ingredient List: 

• 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree

• 3 cups of white sugar

• 1 cup vegetable oil

• ⅔ cup water

• 4 large eggs eggs

• 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour

• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

• 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg

• 2 teaspoons baking soda

• 1 ½ teaspoons salt

• 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Instructions: 

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9×5 inch loaf pans. Step 2: In a large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, oil, water, and eggs. Beat until smooth. Blend in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, and salt. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill pans 1/2 to 3/4 full. Step 3: Bake for one hour or until an inserted knife comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before removing from pans.

Hope you enjoy it and these become a new favorite!

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.