Einstein Bros. Bagels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Upon first arriving at Einstein Bros Bagels, located in the Arnow Campus Center, I noticed the assortment of bagels displayed in the front and the different spreads (shmears) they have. Bagels ranged from plain bagels to everything bagels. The amount of spreads was a little overwhelming!  The cashier, took my order and I asked for a cinnamon raison bagel with garden veggie spread and a hot coffee. 

While my bagel was being prepared, I looked at the coffee selection. Among the four flavors, Neighborhood Blend Decaf, Neighborhood Blend, Autumn Roast, and Vanilla Hazelnut, I chose Vanilla Hazelnut. I typically hate hazelnut coffee, so I was shocked when I figured out the taste of this coffee was amazing! It was the perfect blend of both flavors and I’m sure that’s going to be my go-to coffee when I am at Einstein’s. As for the bagel, there were no words. It was one of the best bagels I’ve ever had and I’ve had a lot of experience.

At my next visit, I decided to switch it up. I ordered a Mixed Berry smoothie with a Tasty Turkey Sandwich. OI placed my order and like before, it wasn’t easy. Nonetheless, I got my sandwich not long after. I didn’t receive my smoothie until about ten minutes later; it seemed they forgot about it and gave everyone else their orders.  I realized almost instantly they gave me the wrong sandwich.  The Southwest Turkey Sausage was not good for me; in fact, I hated it. There’s a reason why Einstein’s is called Einstein Bros. Bagels and not Einstein Bros. Sandwiches. The smoothie, however, was amazing! It’s a great option for those who don’t like the taste of coffee.

The bagels and coffee are a must try. However, be prepared to wait as the cafe does get busy. And make sure your cashier understands what you ordered to insure you get the correct food. Overall, Einstein is a great place to eat despite its faults.