David Falvey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This week’s campus cutie goes by the name of David Falvey, more formally known as David Francis Falvey.  Falvey said, “My grandfather, my father, everyone’s middle name is Francis in my family.”  Falvey is currently living in the Keever community service house as a junior this year.  He is from originally Melrose, Mass but grew up in Newbury, Mass. His free spirt and relaxed nature add a positive influence to the already close knit group of Keever household residents. 

Even when asked what his favorite part of Lasell College was, he answered with ease that is was the Keever household.  Falvey said, “My Keever family.  Good vibes, good people, just everyone in this general area, the Keever, Pickard, Chandler trifecta. Our community.”  Located at the end of Maple St. on the Lasell College campus three houses named Keever, Pickard, and Chandler sit in close proximity to each other, making it easy to develop close friendships.

Although Falvey loves living in Keever house his plans to travel the world are far greater.  He said, “I guess you could say that’s my overall bucket list, to see as much of the world as I can.”  Not to mention his upcoming trip to New Zealand that he plans to take soon, it will be the first time Falvey will travel outside of the country.   

Even though Falvey plans to explore the world someday, he just might do it without one specific item, that item being shoes.  A fellow Keever resident chimed in by saying, “You will most likely find him not wearing shoes.”  Falvey made no move to deny his lack of shoes around campus even saying, “Fun fact, I’ve been known on campus for the guy who doesn’t wear shoes.”

Free spirit none the less, it may surprise some to know that Falvey is majoring in Graphic Design and minoring in Studio Arts.  Falvey has a strong passion for drawing, cementing his future degree in Graphic Design.  However, Falvey does not strictly draw for graphic design, he said, “I just like to draw random, weird things, abstract things.”  Falvey keeps true to his fun loving self even mentioning that he can play a little bit of the guitar and ukulele.  

Falvey’s outfit of choice was unexpectedly simple.  He said, “Jeans and a flannel, that’s it, the easiest, basic.”  Compared to Falvey’s outfit of choice his perfect date description was refreshing to hear.  Falvey stated that his perfect date would be, “Nothing conventional, nothing like a classic dinner and a movie, something different.  Something like outdoorsy, hiking, just nothing conventional, stuffy, and cheesy.”  Just like his perfect date he strives to be an easy going guy who is ready to take on an adventure, with no shoes of course.