Life > Experiences

Cute Handmade Gifts for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I am a lover girl at my core. I adore doing something small or something big for my girlfriend. It makes my heart swell at the thought of bringing about a smile or laugh from them. So Valentine’s Day is quite exciting for me, especially since it is the first one I get to celebrate while in a relationship. Not to mention it’s also my birthday, so this day is just good all around. One thing I love to do is make cute little notes and crafty trinkets, so I thought I’d share a few of my ideas that you can use this Valentine’s Day. 

Lyric Book

My girlfriend and I celebrated Valentine’s Day this past weekend so my birthday could be on a separate day (but mostly because I was impatient and wanted to give them their gift) and a part of their gift included a lyric book. All you need for this craft is some colored cardstock, colored markers, and either ribbon and a hole punch if you wanna be fancy or a stapler if not. I chose a verse from their favorite song, did one line per page, and did a doodle to go along. I added a personalized touch on the last page and tied it all together (literally) with a bow. 

Annotate a book or poems

Another thing you can do is annotate a book or some poems for your partner. This is what my girlfriend did for me and I almost cried. They took their favorite book and re-read the whole thing leaving little notes and their thoughts throughout. You could also do the same with some of your favorite poetry or famous love poems. All you need for this is said material you are going to annotate and a pen. 

Scratch Ticket for Reasons I Adore/Love you 

All you need for this is some packing tape, acrylic paint, a pen, and a piece of paper or cardstock. Fold the paper into a card and on the inside write down 6-9 reasons why you love (or adore if you aren’t at the love stage) said person. Make sure to evenly space them. Put clear packing tape over the reasons then paint little hearts on the packing tape over the words and let dry. Your partner will be able to now scratch off the dry paint and see all the reasons why you love them so. 

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!