This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

We all know the struggle when we want to have makeup on but only have a few minutes to get out the door and go to class. We also know how hard it is when you are on a budget and still want to look like your face is worth more than the change in your pocket. Here are some life-changing tips to help you get ready in a pinch and avoid breaking the bank.

1. Foundation – Instead of putting on a full coverage foundation that requires a lot of blending, put on a BB/CC cream for a more natural finish by using a flat top brush. That’s right, I didn’t say a foundation brush because they often leave foundation looking caky and unblended. I have found that using a flat top brush saves time and leaves your skin looking flawless.

2. Concealer – Instead of using concealer for just highlighting over a heavy coverage foundation, buy a concealer in your shade to spot correct your skin. This is something you can do in a pinch and saves time over putting on a foundation. If you don’t mind a more natural look, I highly suggest it. It is my go-to for when I have 8 a.m. classes.

3. Double Up – Many people are afraid to double up and use products for two purposes. If you use a bronzer or contour powder on a daily basis to help give your face a little shape, it can also be used in your crease to add dimension and depth to your eyelids. If you don’t already use a powder, I highly suggest it for saving time in the morning. You can even use a brown eyeshadow in place of a bronzer or contour powder. When you are shopping for makeup, look for multitasking products.

4. Eyeliner – This is a tip for anyone who is more dedicated to their beauty routine and can’t leave their house without some eyeliner. You need to skip the liquid and felt-tip eyeliners, instead use a pencil or black eyeshadow. You can easily blend either of these products for a messier and carefree look. If you make a mistake you can quickly clean it up with little fuss and no one will notice if your eyeliner is slightly off.

5. Eyes – You’ve been doing your steps wrong for your eye makeup. You need to apply eyeliner first, to fix up any mistakes without worrying about eyeshadow or if your eyeliner transfers. Then you need to apply mascara to avoid worrying about it smudging onto your lid (yet again). The last thing I apply is my lid shade and move in by blending my crease shade to where my eyeliner already ends.

6. Lipstick – When you look at your lipstick drawer, you see way too many options and have no clue what to wear. My best advice is to have a go-to nude or lip lint. This kind of lip products don’t require a perfect application or a lipliner. When you use a nude lipstick no one will notice if you didn’t line your lips and lip tints allow your color to last all day, a bonus is if you use a nude liquid lipstick for the best stay power.

7. Time Saving – The quickest way to do your makeup fast is to use as few brushes as possible, try to keep it down to one brush for one purpose. A lot of times we use beauty gurus use so many brushes and in real life that isn’t really required. Most days I only use my flat face brush, blending eyeshadow brush, spoolie and my angled contour brush. The only other brush I may pull out is my eyeliner brush when I feel like eyeliner or my beauty sponge when I’m going for a full face look.

8. Eyebrows – Eyebrows are the most important makeup item for most people and one of the most time consuming tasks. The quickest way to do your eyebrows and keep it natural is to fill it in with a powder. If you have dark hair you should use a color two shades lighter and for any blondes or redheads choice a shade 2 shades darker. You can quickly fill them in with a eyeliner brush and swipe your eyebrows with a clear gel to keep them in all day. In the past, I’ve used brow pencils and they do save more time than powder but I personally found they looked to fill in for my tastes, but it is an option.

9. Sprays – Splurge on a good makeup setting spray because it is what will determine if your makeup stays all day or not. This will help you avoid doing any touch-up, so all have to bring is your lip color.

Use these tips and you will have fresh looking makeup quickly, perfect for classes!

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.
Madi is a sophomore Fashion Communciations major at Lasell College. In addition to being a part of Her Campus, she is also a part of Empty Bowls and is a Peer Mentor. She loves Harry Styles, hanging out with friends, and thrift shopping.