This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This summer, I began finally taking an interest in improving my health. While working out and getting in some sort of physical activity is a great energy and mood booster, changing the way you eat can have more benefits to your health than you may think. After working with a nutritionist, I discovered some super healthy and filling recipes using chia seeds. Chia seeds are very high in fiber and contain protein as well. I found a love for them because they don’t have a taste so you can add them to anything. Keep reading to find a recipe that excites you!

Overnight Oat Chia Pudding with Berries

Ingredients

¾ cup milk of your choice (almond, oat, 2%, etc.)

2 ⅔ Tbs chia seeds

2 Tbs quick-cook oats

¼ cup wild blueberries, frozen and defrosted 

1 Tbs mini chocolate chips

Directions

1. Add milk, chia, and oats into a jar or container. Shake to combine and let sit for 10 minutes. Shake again, vigorously, and then place into the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
  2. Remove from refrigerator and stir to combine while adding berries and chocolate chips to top it off

Cinnamon Bun Overnight Oats

Ingredients

½ banana (should be firm, not ripened)

¾ tsp cinnamon

½ tsp maple syrup

¼ cup oats

¾ cup milk of your choice

2 Tbs chia seeds

Directions

1. Blend banana, cinnamon, and maple syrup together.
  2. In a bowl, combine the mixture with oats, chia seeds, and milk. 
  3. Cover and refrigerate overnight
  4. Remove from the refrigerator, stir in additional milk to thin if needed, and enjoy!
Julia McNicol is a junior at Lasell University studying Fashion Media and Marketing with a minor in Journalism. She loves exploring the city, shopping, and watching a good rom-com! Her Instagram can be found at @juliamcnicol as well as @juliashannonxoxo for fashion-specific content.