This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Being in a long-distance relationship certainly has its ups and downs as is, but with Valentine’s Day coming up, it can seem even more stressful or upsetting. A holiday meant to spend with your significant other but unable to see them. To take some steam off, here are some Valentine’s Day Ideas for those in a long-distance relationship.

1. Have a virtual date

This can be anything your heart desires! Can be as simple as eating lunch in your room on FaceTime or as big as making a surprise sign to express your love. 

1. Get the BondTouch

This gadget is a game changer for long-distance relationships. The pair of bracelets (one for you and one for your SO) allows you to be closer no matter how far away you are. Simply tapping on the surface sends them a vibration to let them know you’re thinking of them.

1. Go for a walk together

This is a calm and sweet idea to do over FaceTime. The idea of walking together in different areas and being able to chat along the way while seeing each other’s sights.

1. Watch a movie or show virtually

A great idea for a nice relaxing night apart but together despite the distance. It gives you a chance to experience being close to your partner.

1. Play an online or card game together

Similar to watching TV but more interactive and possibly even more fun! There are plenty of online card games to play against each other or online regular games to team up on.

1. Take a matching picture in different places

This idea can be a fun photo idea for social media, especially for those who are tech-savvy and love to edit photos.

1. Make a photo collage

This is a cute gift idea for your person to recall all your memories together.

1. Set up a surprise meet-up in person

This one, perhaps the most exciting of all, is to surprise your SO by simply showing up in person! 

She/they LGBTQ+ Lasell '26 Graphic Design Major