Nature Flowers Spring Pink
Nature Flowers Spring Pink
Jackie Ryan / Her Campus

Celebrate Spring With Cherry Blossoms in Boston!

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

What do you associate the word “spring” with?

After the end of winter, the cold air and wind make going out a chore, and more and more people may enjoy going for a walk. Spring is the season of a new beginning. Delicate and fragile cherry blossoms are indispensable as a symbol of this season.

Many cherry trees bloom in Boston every year. The beautifully colored pink and white cherry trees are a much-loved part of the city’s landscape and are popular with residents and visitors alike. The custom of planting cherry trees in Boston dates back to the early 20th century when the Japanese government gave cherry trees as a symbol of friendship between Japan and the United States. Boston’s most famous cherry blossom viewing spot is the Boston Public Garden, where more than 100 cherry trees bloom from late April to early May.

A great way to enjoy the cherry blossoms is to take a relaxing stroll through the parks and gardens where they bloom. In addition to Boston Public Garden, Boston’s Charles River Esplanade Park in Back Bay, the Arnold Arboretum, and Harvard Yard are also recommended.

In Japan, friends and family gather every spring to enjoy food, drinks, and music while admiring the cherry blossoms. This is called “hanami,” and various events are held throughout Japan. This spring, why not take a leisurely stroll among the cherry blossoms wearing colorful spring-like clothes, with a camera and a cup of coffee in your hand? You may be reborn as a new you through the magic of cherry blossoms.

Rio Saito

Lasell '23

I'm from Japan. My major is finance. Nice to meet you!