Best Yogurt Parrfait Recipe For Busy Days

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Breakfast is easily my favorite meal of the day.  Ever since I was little, my go-to breakfast has been chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. However, over quarantine and winter break, I wanted to spice it up and try something different, something a little healthier, but still tastes good. When I was trying to figure out what that should be, I remembered the yogurt parfaits my mom used to make for me and knew I had to make it. It is the perfect blend of healthy with a little sweetness and took over breakfast for me most days of the week. Here is how I make my favorite yogurt parfait, and some other ideas to make it more personal for your taste. 

Ingredients: 

• 1 yogurt cup (I used Activia Strawberry Yogurt, but any will work)
  • Assorted fresh fruit, cut thin (I use grapes, strawberries, and blueberries)
  • 1 small handful of chocolate chips (You can also use granola or another topping of your choice) 

How to make: 

1. First, I gather all of my ingredients as well as a small bowl. Since you are going to be pouring out a small yogurt cup, you do not need a huge bowl. Open the yogurt cup and pour it into the bowl.
  2. You are then going to gather your fruit, whichever kinds you choose, slice it thin, and dump them all into the bowl. You are then going to choose a topping of your choice, I chose chocolate chips for flavor and crunch, and put them into the bowl as well. I then mix all of the ingredients together, and is ready to eat!
  3. You can also make this a slightly different way, incorporating Cool Whip into it. You can layer the ingredients in the following order: yogurt, fruit, Cool Whip, chocolate chips/topping. This makes it a little fancier and gives it an extra taste. This could also be a good idea for a brunch or breakfast at a sleepover. 

This is a great way to eat a healthy breakfast but still retain good flavor. Try out this recipe or make your own variation and let us know what you think!

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)