Best Halloween Movies to Feed Your Inner Kid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Halloween is a wonderful time of year when adults get to play dress up and spend the night stuffing their faces with candy. If you’re like me and enjoy spending Halloween sitting in bed and watching family Halloween movies this is the list for you.

1. Hocus Pocus

If you haven’t watched Hocus Pocus as a child, did you have a childhood? The movie features the iconic Sanderson sisters coming back from the dead to feed on the souls of children. I can comfortably tell you that as a child I was terrified of the Sanderson sisters, in this child-friendly movie.

2. Halloween Town

The Halloween Town franchise is the most well-known Disney Halloween movie for a reason and I’d argue will be a Halloween classic for families all over the U.S. The movies follow Marnie Piper who finds out her grandmother is a witch. Over the four movies, we see Marnie grow as a witch and kick ass.

3. Haunted Mansion

Haunted Mansion is one that I just can’t get over. This is one of the first Halloween movies that I saw that featured a black family. The story follows the Evers family going on a vacation and has to stop at a house the father is selling, only to find the house is very much haunted.I could watch this movie on repeat over and over again.

4. Hotel Transylvania

I am addicted to Hotel Transylvania and I am in love with all the characters in this franchise. The first movie follows the daughter of Dracula, Mavis who wants to explore the world but is sheltered by her overprotective father. I swear I laugh every time I watch this movie and it brings a smile to my face.

5. Corpse Bride

Who doesn’t love Tim Burton Films? The Corpse Bride follows a man nervous to enter his arranged marriage accidentally marrying a corpse. This movie is simply beautiful like all of Tim Burton’s work and of course dark and creepy.

6. Scooby Doo’s Movies

We can’t just choose one Scooby-Doo movie because they are all fantastic for Halloween. If you look through his movie collection you are bound to find a few Halloween-themed ones- but my favorite is Scooby-Doo and the Goblin King, Scooby Dooand Zombie Island, and Scooby-Doo and the Witch’s Ghost.

7. Casper

Casper is a great ghost story and I’d say the best for all ages for a reason. In this story Casper, the friendly ghost meets a young girl when she and her father move into a crumbling mansion. This movie has such a sweet storyline.

8. Beetle Juice

Beetle Juice is simply a classic and if you haven’t seen it you live under a rock. This 80s movie has captured the hearts of millions and has been played millions of times over the past 3 plus decades for a reason.

9. Practical Magic

This movie has my heart and I am beyond addicted. Who doesn’t love two witchy sisters and a generational curse? This is one of those movies that has such a cute message and always warms my heart. Also, let’s be real the movie is so aesthetic.

This is of course, not an extensive list because I could go on and on forever.

#themeweek

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.