Best Christmas Movies To Get You In The Holiday Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Christmas movies are arguably some of the best and most comforting. I have created a list of the best ones I have come across over the years and explained how they bring out the Christmas spirit in all of us each and every year.

1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Although there are three versions of this movie, I prefer the classic from 1966. It stays true to the Dr. Suess book and has colorful animation that is drawn in the same style as the illustrations in the book. It urges its viewers to think about how to treat and accept others despite their past hardships, which I think is a great message for everyone. 

2. Miracle on 34th Street

This black and white movie has an engaging plotline and talented actors and actresses. It brings a new twist to the typical Christmas stories and sparks hope in the people who view it. 

3. Elf

This newer release starring Will Ferrell is entertaining and fun to watch each and every year. It is one of the more lively Christmas movies that has made its way onto the classics list. This film is all about being around family during the holidays and believing in miracles and magic.

4. A Charlie Brown Christmas

This animated movie starring characters everyone knows and loves reflects on how Christmas has turned into a holiday based on consumerism and greed. It depicts that the holiday is really about having a good time being around friends. 

5.Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

This stop-motion movie may have been made for Christmas, but it has a year-round message: don’t judge a reindeer by its light-up nose. The cute clay figures do a great job of telling the well-known success story, and I would highly recommend it.

Anna is from Maine and is studying fashion at Lasell.