This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

When it comes to winding down at night, everyone deserves a sleeping space as comfortable as the smell of laundry in the air. Even the word “cozy” feels like it’s wrapping you in a nice velvet blanket. With this in mind, here are my top five cozy items to include in your dorm this year:

1. Table Light

If you don’t have one already, a good investment for your desk and your room is a table light. You can find these in any large chain stores like Walmart, Target or HomeGoods. These lights can range in sizes and styles. Most light bulbs that come with them are the standard light yellow hues, which are great for creating a soft yellow vibe in your dorm. As an added bonus, you can also buy an LED color-changing light bulb so you can always change up the vibe in your room. Staying within colors such as light yellow, orange, blue, or even purple would be great for a night in. I recommend checking out the Smart Table Lamp Orb, available on Amazon for $39.98. 

1. Humidifier

Humidifiers are used to add moisture to the air to prevent dryness, but most people don’t know that they are essential in providing comfort. Plus, they look pretty cool while you’re drinking tea and simply watching the air come out of them. I recommend checking out some of these more affordable humidifiers on Amazon, or taking a peek at my personal favorite, a wooden humidifier with smart WiFi technology that’s also available on Amazon. 

1. Sunset light

You may have seen the growing popularity of sunset lights over this past summer, especially on TikTok. These lights provide a glowly golden-hour aesthetic to any room. Ranging in colors such as gold, orange, blue, and purple, there’s a variety of lighting styles to choose from. For the most affordable pricing, check out the selection of sunset lights that Walmart offers. 

1. Mini Fountain

If you enjoy the spa aesthetic and want to recreate it in your dorm room, including a mini fountain is the cherry on top when it comes to cozy decor! For people who may like the sound of water or enjoy sleeping with white noise, including a fountain in your dorm has so many more uses than just being a great decor choice. From Five Below to Amazon, they are available everywhere at a price that will fit anyone’s budget. 

1. LED lights

The classic college dorm decor, LED lights are a favorite for a reason. However, instead of putting them up on the ceiling, take LED lights a fun step further by using them as furniture accents. Lining LED lights on the bottom of the bed, behind the bed frame, or even behind mirrors creates a fun glowing ambiance. Check out Pinterest for some fun new ways to use your own LED lights. 

What’s your favorite way to make your dorm room cozy? Let me know in the comments below!

Jade Diaz

Lasell '23

Jade is a Senior at Lasell, majoring in Fashion Merchandising and Management. She adores figurative art, and enjoys being creative in any way possible. She is sneaker- obsessed and loves the world of fashion. One fun fact is that her dog Finn, is named after a Star Wars character named FN-2187.