This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Trying to think of a good first date idea can be tricky. It is a struggle to find something fun, inexpensive, and something that is not too much pressure. Also, something where a lot of talking can be involved, so you get to know each other better. So, here are nine not so boring and not awkward first date ideas! These ideas also work for any date if someone needs some new ideas.

1. Try a New Coffee Shop

A classic idea, but works great because there is no pressure of paying for an expensive meal and it is simple enough. It also gives the two people as much or as little time that they want to talk. 

2. Go for a Walk in a Park

This a great idea for all seasons, if they can handle the cold. This is also a great idea for someone who loves taking pictures. If it is too cold outside, just go for a walk in the mall. Going for walks or hikes is a personal favorite idea of mine, but just find a hobby both people love to do and it will be even more fun. 

3. Pottery Painting

This is not as expensive as one might think. Some places that have this, the pottery piece is the only thing that has to be paid for and some places have deals on certain nights or student discounts. It is a lot of fun and cool to see the result after. 

4. Mini Golfing

This a summer idea, unless there is an indoor glow mini-golf place nearby, which is also super fun. This idea creates a little friendly competition and some childhood nostalgia. 

5. Escape Room

This is a fun group date idea. For some, first dates are very nerve-racking and going on a group date is easier. 

6. Go to a Farmer’s Market

This might seem like a summer-only idea, but some towns have indoor farmer’s markets and they are actually a lot of fun. There is typically great food to try there and some to bring home. Sometimes there is live music, games, indoor plants to buy, and other natural local products to purchase. 

7. Go Dessert Hunting

For sweet tooths, take it upon yourselves to find the best place to get dessert in town. Going from place to place on a little dessert tour is great for sampling desserts while making small talk.

8. Go on a Bike Ride

Going on a leisurely bike ride, especially by the water, is super romantic. Just want to make sure you are going slow enough, so you are not running out of breath to talk. 

9. Go to a Diner

This takes all the pretension and stuffiness out of the typical restaurant date. It’s hard to take each other too seriously when eating pancakes for dinner. It is typically cheaper too. Also, diners are not typically busy, so probably will not have to give up a table if it is going well.

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.