5 Kids Who Graduated Before They Could Vote

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

College is difficult enough between the workload, studying, and passing finals. However, knowledge can come easy to certain individuals, even when they’re still children. As strange as it sounds, there are plenty of kids who already have their Master’s or Doctorate degree. While most 18 year olds are still trying to figure out how to lead a steady life, 8 year olds are busy working. Here are five of the youngest college students who may motivate you to study harder.     

1.      Will Maillis. This 9 year old graduated from high school this year and is currently enrolled at the Community College of Allegheny County, Penn. At seven months he was saying full sentences. He could count in Chinese by age one. Mallis already has straight A’s and plans to be an astrophysicist.  Source: CNN

2.      Moshe Kai Cavalin. Another student who has a passion for astrophysics, he enrolled in East Los Angeles College at age eight. He graduated in 2009 with a 4.0 GPA and full Honors. He took a year off to rest before returning to complete a degree in astrophysics.

3.      Michael Kearney. At age four, Kearney passed the John Hopkins diagnostic for a precocious math exam without studying. He graduated high school at age six and enrolled at the Santa Rosa Junior College, completing an Associate’s degree in geology. He finished his Bachelor’s by age 10 and went to get his Master’s in biochemistry. Shockingly enough, he then taught classes at Vanderbilt University while also enrolled for a second Master’s degree in computer science.

4.      Gregory Smith. At only 14 months old, Smith was reciting books to his parents, while at 18 months was completing math problems. He finished his high school career in only two years and enrolled in Randolph-Macon College at age 10. At age 13, he began working for his PhD in Mathematics.

5.      Kathleen Holtz. This young woman enrolled at CSU Los Angeles at only age 10 and graduated in four years with a degree in philosophy. She then began law school at the UCLA School of Law at age 15. She became California’s youngest lawyer in 2007. She currently works as a business litigation attorney, winning several cases as a rookie lawyer.

For more kids who are making an impression of the world, click here

Photo Credit

Avalon is a freshman Communicatons major with a focus in Journalism/Media Writing at Lasell. As a brand new member of Her Campus she is excited to explore all new and different forms of writing while also expanding her writing skills. Avalon is also one of the DJ's for Lasell's radio, her show is on Mondays-Thursdays from 8pm to 9pm. In her free time she enjoys reading, writing, editing photos, listening to music and watching many movies.