Culture > Digital

3 Ways I Make Playing the Sims 4 More Engaging and Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Is anyone else back in their Sims 4 era? I feel like I have been playing more than normal and I can’t say I am upset by that. Sometimes The Sims can get a little boring if you aren’t sure what to do or are new to the game, so, here are 3 ways I avoid that. 

Build Challenges

If you are more of a builder than a story player then this is the way for you. TikTok has so many build challenges out there, but I personally love Deligracy on Youtube. She has so many fun build challenges that I love trying to recreate. Some of the most common challenges I see are building a house but every room is a different color, budget, pack, ect. There are so many out there and definitely something for everyone. 

Rags to Riches

This is definitely my go to in The Sims because you can come at it from so many angles. It is exactly what it sounds like; you build your Sim’s life from nothing, to a lavish lifestyle. You can go the extreme route of no money or shelter and having to start that way, or how I do it is I usually at least give my Sim a tent so I don’t die from the elements right away. Again there are a couple ways you can play this one. I personally love Kelsey Imppicchiche on Youtube, and she does a really good rags to riches if you like watching The Sims too. 

Not so Berry

This is a gameplay challenge, and I am currently about ⅓ of the way through. This one is very time consuming but it is so fun. Here is the link to the official rules, created by Lilsimsie. It is a generation challenge where each generation is assigned a color and a set amount of achievements they must complete. I really like this challenge because it forces me to try different careers, aspirations, and also create different personality Sims than from what I usually do. I also love how you could do this challenge over and over again because the rules are flexible enough for a different outcome each time. 

The Sims is definitely what you make it, so try out a new challenge!

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!