10 Thoughts You Have Going Home For The First Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

1. “I can’t wait to eat real food!”

When Mom makes a home-cooked meal, it feels like the first time you’ve ever eaten.  

2. “It’s going to feel so nice to not have to pay for laundry.”

That feeling of warm clothes is going to feel infinitely better when you know it was free.

3. “No bed on earth is comfier than my own.”

That moment when you fall onto your bed for the first time in a month is pure bliss.

4. “A private bathroom? Is this heaven?”

The door on your bathroom at home seems like a miracle, and privacy is the best feeling you’ve ever had.

5. “My feet feel so free on this shower floor.”

Taking a shower without flip flops? What a dream come true!

6.  “I missed my friends so much!”

Hugging your friends from home is the best. Seeing them in real life rather than on FaceTime is also the best, but talking for hours about college life in person is definitely the best. 

7. “Driving is more liberating than college will ever be!”

Getting into that car and back on the road will be scary at first, but also freeing. You can drive anywhere you want again! You can do anything!

8. “I’m going to sleep all day.”

No roommate? That means I’m going to sleep as long as I want to with no judgment. Wake me up when the weekend is over, Mom.

9. “I really, really, really hope my parents give me money.”

A big reason you’re going home is in hopes of your parents and relatives tossing you some cash. College means hustling, man.

10. “I can’t wait to go back!”

You might love your family, friends, and hometown, but you’ll get sick of it after a few days and miss your roommate, your friends and your wild college life (and you’ll need to get back to all that homework, too.)

Madi is a sophomore Fashion Communciations major at Lasell College. In addition to being a part of Her Campus, she is also a part of Empty Bowls and is a Peer Mentor. She loves Harry Styles, hanging out with friends, and thrift shopping.