10 Struggles Of Always Being Hungry

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

For those of you who feel like you have a bottomless stomach that is never satisfied, you’re not alone. Here are 10 relatable struggles if you’re that person who is always hungry.

1. Waking up starving.

Even though you’ve only been without food for eight hours or so, your stomach acts like you haven’t fed it in a week. As much as you would love to stay in bed a little longer, unfortunately you can’t ignore hunger pains.

1. Thinking you’re full, then seeing something delicious and magically being hungry again.

You will never turn down good food because you just ate. “I’m too full” is just not in our vocabulary. There’s always room for more if you believe.

1. Wondering how some people can eat dinner, then just not be hungry for the rest of the night?

What do you mean you only eat one dinner? Some of us will never understand this life. We need our pre-dinner after lunch, first dinner, then second dinner before we go to bed.

1. Going to bed excited to eat the next day.

Or being excited for our next meal in general. With this life, food is basically all we think about. We can’t help it.

1. Sneaking some food at 2 a.m. because you just can’t wait until tomorrow.

Sometimes, your dinner from the night before just doesn’t hold you over until morning. Whoever said eating right before you go to bed is bad for you just doesn’t understand this life. So girl, get up and eat your cold pizza. There’s no judgment.

1. Wishing you could snack like a normal person.

Most people can get by with some light snacking, but unfortunately that’s not enough if you’re always hungry. A snack for you is an entire box of mac & cheese, leftovers from lunch, or a mini chicken pot pie.

1. Nothing will ever “ruin your appetite”.

Forget what mom said about not snacking before dinner because it will “ruin your appetite”. There’s no such thing when you have a super-human digestive system that is always making room for your next meal.

1. Always having room for dessert.

When the waiter asks if you would like dessert, you’re the only one who actually does. You typically don’t say anything because you feel bad making everyone wait for you. Or, you take it to go. No one should have to go home dreaming about that triple chocolate cake.

1. You get very hangry.

Hangriness can be compared to a toddler who needs a nap, or a newborn baby who needs a diaper change or to be fed. You get very fussy and agitated, and just about anything will set you off. Your family and friends know this an emergency situation, and you need some food stat.

1. Wishing you could be normal and eat three meals a day, but accepting that will never be you.

Who can live off of only three meals a day? There’s nothing wrong with always being hungry. If anyone judges you for your eating habits, drop them. You don’t need that kind of negativity in your life.