alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Learning To Appreciate The Mornings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lancaster chapter.

The inevitable stress of third year has made me force myself to adopt a more structured routine. I used to hate mornings and would do anything I could to have a few extra precious minutes in bed. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’d still much rather have a lie-in than have to get up early, but I think I’ve struck a balance where I’m learning to tolerate, if not appreciate an early get-up.

Getting yourself properly prepared for a busy day ahead can put you in a more positive mindset, as well as enable you to be more productive.

I often find myself feeling frustrated and unproductive if I oversleep. If you wake up early, at least you have the whole day to get your work done and if you finish early, you can then take time for yourself. 

Despite how I have never considered myself to be a morning person, I find that this time is now when I most prefer to tackle my most difficult work. A couple of hours after lunchtime, I definitely begin to lag. Whilst different times work for different people, adjust your routine and what you can achieve may surprise you.

Striking a balance between the working week and having much needed down-time is definitely very important. But, at least for me, an early start is the way to go.

Helen Jordan

Lancaster '19

Helen is a third year English Language student and will graduate in 2019. Her favourite topics to write about include cooking and tips for uni life. This is Helen's second year writing for Her Campus and she is looking forward to her role as Chapter Correspondent for Lancaster in the 2018/2019 academic year.